Life in Korea

(actually written by Joe in December of 2007)

I arrived in Korea early Monday evening at Incheon International Airport. It took me a little while to find my friends Young and Sunny (they actually came to the airport a little late) and I had several people come up to me and ask if they could help me with something. I don't know if they we just trying to be nice, if they worked for the airport or what, but as soon as I started talking to them in Korean they went away pretty quickly... yeah I thought it was kind of weird too. After I met up with Young and Sunny we took the subway to the city 방화 (BangHwa) which is where I will staying while here in Korea. 방화 is considered part of Seoul, but is more like a suburb which is localed in the Northwestern part of the greater city. After we got here we went out to a cool little 삼겹살 resturant where Young's younger brother joined us for some really good Korean food. After dinner my home-stay mother came by, picked me up, and we drove to the apartment where I am now staying. My home-stay family is very cool. There are two young boys who are 9 and 4 years old. The 9 year old is very calm and laid back the little brother is crazy! He runs around yelling and jumping and climbing on everything, he is alot of fun, unless you are trying to do something. Anway I'll write more later.

-Joe

Comments