New Poster in Town

Conquests thus far:


Joseph has applied for an internship with Collin County.  He would be doing GIS for them, which means a two-hour commute twice a week so he can put in twenty hours.  We're pretty excited.  


I'm venturing into gluten-free baking!  We had our friends Scott & Vanessa and Nate & Kristen over on Saturday night, and I made a gluten-free cake to accommodate Kristen's gluten allergy.  For some reason, I thought the cake might taste odd, but instead Betty Crocker's "new" gluten-free cake mix was light, fluffy, and far more pleasant to eat than regular cakes.   We ended up with almond yellow cake with chocolate almond cream cheese frosting -- the first cake I've ever successfully frosted without damaging the cake.  Applause all around; potato starch, guar gum, and rice flour, here I come!


I'm still toying with what to do after I graduate.  The farther I get into my studies, the less I want to actually teach.  It's like I can sense my future frustration with lesson plans, principles, and the occasional child.  I don't want to become a "Plan B" teacher, someone who only becomes a teacher because it's a handy backup plan.  I've decided that since I'm already so far into the degree, I might as well get my B.S. and certification and then move on to a postgrad change.  Now the bigger question is what to get a masters degree in?  Acting, culinary arts, English?  Dog loving?  Mothering?  None of these sound like viable, money-earning careers, save the culinary arts degree.  I'll just keep studying and praying and hoping that something will pop out at me...preferably something offered at either BYU or CSU.  

Comments